As part of the fight against the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus in French Polynesia, the High Commissioner and the President of French Polynesia announced the new measures in place to gradually lift restrictions applicable from Monday, September 20 to Monday, September 27, 2021 :
- The curfew is still in place from 8 pm to 4 am daily in French Polynesia. The travel authorisation for the curfew is available on the High Commission’s website.
- The weekend lockdown is maintained for the following Society Islands: Tahiti, Moorea, Raiatea, Huahine, Tahaa, Bora Bora and Maupiti. It will start at 2pm on Saturday until 4am on Monday. The “weekend lockdown” travel authorisation is available on the website of the High Commission.
- International tourists on the islands under weekend lockdown orders will be allowed to:
- travel to and from the airport or the ferry terminal (with the travel authorisation available on the High Commission’s website).
- enjoy freely their place of lodging as long as they stay within the property. Activities respecting current health measures are allowed within tourist accommodation. Activities in a designated area in the lagoon in front of tourist accommodation (beach, snorkelling, swimming, paddle boarding, etc.) are permitted.
- leave their accommodation for professional or health reasons or for essential goods purchases (with the travel authorisation available on the High Commission’s website).
- The lockdown measures do not apply to the Tuamotu Islands, the Gambier Islands, the Austral Islands and the Marquesas Islands.
- International visitors who have an itinerary that includes a change of accommodation on the same island or in another island can travel (with the travel authorisation available on the High Commission’s website).
- Tour companies may re-open and are subject to limit their tours to 50% of capacity.
- Nautical charter and pleasure cruising may resume in the islands and are not subject to travel restrictions and lockdown, with respect for barrier measures.
- Cruising from Papeete to the islands may resume. Stopovers are forbidden on weekends in the islands subject to the lockdown measures.
- Concerning domestic transportation, measures remain unchanged.
Regarding the new measures limiting movements and activities applicable from Monday, September 27th to october 3 2021 :
- All the previous measures are maintened.
- The curfew is still in place from 9 pm to 4 am daily in French Polynesia.